Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

March Mood Board at Jot Magazine

So it seems we're already in March and firmly heading towards celebrating Easter already. Crazy hey?! It feels like we just got over Christmas!

Anyway, I'm more than happy to be creating with some cute Easter-esque stamps from Neat and Tangled for this latest Mood Board Challenge at Jot Magazine.


Here's a look at the board that inspired my card above. It's full of berry tones of pink and purple with only a hint of aqua, but I swung the balance around to be much more 50:50 which I think still works well.


In fact, it was the bunch of balloons in the mood board which really started my inspiration flowing, especially since I had just received this balloon stamp from Krumspring. That set comes with either a bear or a house to stamp below the balloons but I wanted to change things up a little and mix and match some images. I chose the girl with her wagon, and also the rabbit to pop in it from the Cottontail Cuties set from Neat and Tangled as the bearers of my balloons :-)


In the mood board the balloons are mixed in with some flowers and foliage and so I hand-drew some leaves around the edges of my stamped bunch to mimic that idea. And since I can never be satisfied with a one-layer flat card I added the felt bow and funny little sentiment for extra texture!


Steph from Kitaholic Kits is our sponsor for the March mood board. Kitaholic Kits is an Australian based monthly kit club that caters to papercrafters of all genres :-) Find out all the details for our challenge and how you can join in over on the Jot Magazine blog RIGHT HERE!

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails