Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2016

March Project Life



The thing that always pleases me the most about Project Life is that it truly is just about documenting the everyday ordinary moments. I don't need to be out there with my dSLR taking photos of the kids when they're dressed in their Sunday-best celebrating some special occasion in order to fill my pages.


I mean, those things happen too, of course they do. But when I look at this double-page spread for March the thing that strikes me the most is that 6 of the 7 photos here were taken on my phone in the heat of the moment. And the stories are just everyday type of events and memories of what we're doing now. I think I'm going to appreciate that as time goes on more and more.


As usual, this spread with all of it's 4x4" pockets needed lots of patterned paper cut to fit, and only a few of the pockets were filled with official Project Life cards. But I'm ok with that, especially since I'm making fewer layouts these days, so sometimes I feel like my scrap stash gets a little neglected.


The few cards that you can see come from the Studio Calico Homespun Documenter Kit including that funky March title card.


But the rest of the patterned papers, along with all the embellishments come from the Pinkfresh Felicity collection which I just adore!


I admit, this spread became a little Judah-heavy and I had to track back and purposely hunt out a photo of each of the girls so I could ensure it stayed a little more balanced. But I guess that's just part of the nature of the Project Life process too. Sometimes just more 'stuff' is happening to one person above the others.


And let's be honest, it's hard to avoid the temptation to photograph every cute thing he does and want to record it .... it's just that age he's at. Whereas taking a photo of the girls going off to school every day might get a little tedious! LOL! But I know it will all even out in the mix eventually anyway. :-)

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails