Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Bethany's July page

July - smack bang in the middle of winter. Winter is definitely not my favourite time of year, and I guess that's why I subconsciously steered in the exact opposite direction when it came to putting together Bethany's page for July.


It helps that it doesn't snow, we do indoor swimming lessons and go outside when it's sunny so my photos tend to look more summery anyway.


My title card is made with a bunch of Heidi Swapp products (except for the thickers) that I was lucky enough to receive in a box of goodies sent to us Jot Girls for some articles being featured in the next issue of Jot Magazine. I'm loving the 'document' die and the envelope that I'll be able to tuck some memorabilia in too.


Most of my other ready-made cards and embellishments come from the Studio Calico Fairground PL Kit. It's full of my favourite colours and I guess it probably contributes to the bright cheeriness of this page because it's a summer kit for all those lucky Northern Hemispherians ;-)


The sun card though is one I made myself. Well, maybe that's a bit of a stretch to claim that. Digging out some old baby books for Judah from their storage box I came across one which had lost half it's pages. Not much good I thought, so I went to put it in the recycling. Then it occured to me that the remaining pages might make cute PL cards so I chopped them up instead! I recently invested in the 2x3" and 4x6" Becky Higgins journal card dies, and they've already come in handy multiple times. It allows me to position the picture exactly where I want it on the card whilst ensuring the right size card with the same rounded corners as the others.


Strangely for me I haven't managed to include any original kid-art on this spread. Perhaps it's because Bethany's creativity tends to be more directed towards writing these days rather than drawing, and that's a little less visually appealing. No less important though, so perhaps that's what I pop in the Heidi Swapp envelope.

Great. Now that's decided I better go do it before I forget ;-)
Enjoy your weekend.
Photobucket

2 comments

  1. This looks brilliant! I love the way you've incorporated summer in a way into winter. BRILL......& I have a penchant for using 6x4 cards, not 3x4, so I'm taking close notice of how you incorporate yours here:) No artwork?? HUH??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Bethany! Good that you're swimming indoors. Congratulations on the little one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails