Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Pop Clink Fizz

And a Happy New Year to you all! Hope everyone enjoyed the festivities last night in whatever style you prefer and that you're ready to tackle 2015 head on! I know I am!


I'm starting off the year with a brand new Design Team adventure, and that's as a Jot Girl. Woo hoo! We've hit the ground running with January's Mood Board Challenge which has just been released and I think it's mix of confetti and cake and streamers captures the celebratory mood perfectly.
I was really inspired by the combination of charcoal background with a layer of bright happy rainbow coloured circles on top, and so that's the very literal direction I took with my card.


I do like a touch of mixed media on my cards, but I like to keep it 'controlled'. I think it's about walking that fine line between my Type A personality and my creative side! What I mean by that is that I'm quite happy to add messy techniques .... as long as it doesn't look messy!


So to create my version of the confetti from the mood board I scraped some Whipped Spackle through an old Studio Calico stencil and then after it was dry (but with the stencil still in place) I painted over the top of it with different colours. I couldn't quite resist the splatter of gold mist at the very end though ;-)


The stamped sentiment is a new one from Studio Calico called 'Holiday and New Years' but I think it could work for almost any occasion that call for a congratulations. I'm sure the card's got enough bling on it to suggest it's party time! (PS. There's currently a sale going on where you can get this stamp set for 25% discount with the code: STAMPSALE25 ... as well as any of the other stamps in this section here)

The Jot Magazine Mood Board Challenge runs thoughout January and there's always some awesome prizes up for grabs. Check out the blog to see what the other Jot Girls have made and you'll no doubt be inspired to play along!

Photobucket

1 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails