Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Story of Being Star Struck

Yep, the date on this layout is correct. It's also pretty much the same date that I actually made this layout, but I have neglected to go ahead and share it here. Time to put amends to that!


It's a fairly simple affair, but it uses lots of favourites and when I do that I tend to not want to overcrowd them with lots of other bits and pieces. So I kept it to a basic paper design with lots of layers under my photograph and bunches of repeated shapes. I borrowed a star punch and wanted to make the most of it is the other interpretation of that ;-)


I think the pale yellow of that paper and those sequins is total yumminess, especially when matched with the grey and light blue. I guess that makes this almost a pastel colour scheme at its core, but with the addition of all the black I think I've managed to make it appear more grungy, graphic, bold and brave.... all things I associate with the amazing Louise Nelson... so it's much more fitting.


This weekend is all about working on my October Studio Calico layouts. I'm excited about these new kits, I think they're the perfect mix of supplies that work perfectly well for both boy and girl layouts, and I've discovered a new favourite colour combo! I'll be sharing my sneaks real soon. But in the meantime you can get an advance viewing on my Instagram feed if you're interested :-)


I'm also excited about this upcoming class at Papercut Labs. It looks amazing, and even better - right now it's on sale for almost 50% off! But you better hurry because that offer expires tonight! There are lessons on stamping, spraying, watercolour and all the other mixed media techniques you could hope for. You even have the option of purchasing these lessons separately if you prefer.
All the details are here.


Happy Scrapping,
xx
Photobucket

2 comments

  1. Yup, nice page....lovely photo & I really like that script writing title:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou is just beautiful!! And I adore your LO..x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails