Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Studio Calico CHA Online Crop Extravaganza

I tell you one thing that's true... there's no-one else that throws an online event like Studio Calico! While the head-honchos are off at CHA we're having a bit of a celebration on the boards and blog. For a start we've got challenges that go up every 2 hours and I got to host one of them. Here's the layout I made for it...


It's a simple challenge to make a layout based on this sketch below..


I love that this sketch is built upon a block design which allows you so much creative freedom to fill each of the 4 quadrants with pretty much anything you like. It's a great opportunity to show off some of your favourite patterned papers, such as the October Afternoon woodgrain paper from the Copper Mountain main kit, and the Basic Grey birds from Fremont Glades.Well, they were my choices anyway!


Another option for filling a quadrant is to cluster some embellishments such as I've done here (love those Chic Tags Happy Place Clips from Fremont Glades), or do a whole lot of journaling.


My layout tells the story of my daughter's school-time activities. It seems she might want to follow in my footsteps after all, as she's been telling her friends at school she's knows how to be a doctor and pretends to perform surgery on them at lunch break! She's always claimed she never wanted anything to do with medicine.... but perhaps not hey?! At the very least it's a lovely form of flattery from my 7 year old :-)


All 10 challenges have now gone live. There's challenges to suit scrapbookers, cardmakers and project-lifers alike. And there's plenty of time left to enter as we're keeping it open until the 16th. Every entry that's posted in the gallery or on Instagram with the hashtag #SCCROP2014 goes in the draw to win a 3 month Studio Calico subscription!!! Here's a link to the main post with all the challenge details.

Photobucket
Supplies:

4 comments

  1. Wish I was home to join in, but alas I'm on hols in Vic instead enjoying the heat wave about to hit!!! Great take on the sketch... NICE cluster.... Think I'll spend the day in the water!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a blast participating in the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overlapping the gold letters looks so good, I've got to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails