Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Story of the Embroidered Star

Following on from the success of the Polly! Scrap Kits Blog Hop last week I was invited to try my hand at some of their other gorgeous stamp sets they have in stock. That was an offer too good to refuse so I'll be showing off my projects in the next couple of weeks!


First of all I took the Hot Colourful Christmas stamp set and created the card above. I know... it's not even Christmas themed! But that was the direction my creative muse took me in, and I find it much better to obey than try and make it into something else to suit the 'rules' LOL!


So many possibilities with this set right? You can make lots of different combinations of phrases, and the numbers make it really useful for your Christmas journals. But it was actually the numbers inspiring me to think of birthdays that got me off track in the first place. They're all individual stamps, but I lined them up on my acrylic block and stamped them in pink to create a bit of a border to my card.


Next I piled on all my embellishments. Commonly my choices are made by what's simply within arms reach and that's why I find it helpful to leave little piles of embellishments in dishes on my desk. If I see it I'm much more likely to use it. So I've got a Prima flower, JBS rubon feathers, and iron-on embroidered star patch (!) and those lovely skeleton leaves my dear friend Lizzy gifted me with. 


I also took the 'birthday' stamp from the set and used it with chalk ink on a scrap of vellum. Cant seem to get enough of vellum these days. Perfect for everything - you can even see I've used it to rub on my gold feathers before cutting them out. But of course it's the stamps that really make this card something unique. I can't wait to show you what I've made with the next set. Stay tuned!

Photobucket

6 comments

  1. such a sweet card! loving those stamps..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stamps DO make it unique, but I have to say, that star helps & the 'magical' looks really, really great:) LOOOVE this one:):) Miss Studio Calico girly:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card! Love that cluster of feathers and that sequined star! Of course I like the stamps a lot too :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Natalie... thanks for popping by. Ooooh how yummy is that card... actually all of your work is truly inspiring! A massive congrats to you on all your amazing achievements this year and heading into the new year... on the scrapping and home front. there are alot of people that are so proud of you! well done. you are an amazing lady keep it up! have a wonderful and joyful holiday with family and friends... all the best for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. I have a thing for skeleton leaves even though they are such old news in the scrappy world they are a thing of beauty. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning...& I'm with you re: vellum...I think it gives projects an ethereal-ness that is just exquisite! I'll lay off the Big Words now!!! Vellum reminds me of Kate Blanchett in The Lord of the Rings...& somehow this card brings that 'magic' to mind!!! Hoes that for waxing lyrical. I could've just said 'love it' !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails