Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Story of a Momentous Occasion

I'm pretty sure I didn't appreciate the Olympics nearly enough when they were on. I watched quite a number of events in bits and pieces, but I did not spend hours and hours in front of the TV (like some people I know!! LOL!)


One thing I did (and continue) to appreciate though is the Olympic challenges that are going on all month on the Jenni Bowlin forum. Last weekend was the Swim Medley Relay challenge where a new set of instructions on what to include on your layout was posted each day for 4 days.


Ultimately it came down to making a background with a messy medium (think ink, paint, gesso.... or at least I did!), including some butterflies, buttons and something tied, and then whatever else you wanted to include. I had such fun creating my background layers, and I finally managed to cut into some old-school JBS butterfly paper I had been hoarding forever :-)


I must have been still chanelling some purple vibes from my last layout as I found myself adding some splashes of lavender shades. And to fit with the theme of momentous occasions in time I finally managed to scrap about what we were doing at 11:11am on the 11th November 2011...... I'm only 9 months late!


As you can see, we weren't actually doing anything very exciting - just travelling back to Melbourne for a wedding after dropping the kids off to stay with their grandparents. Bt still.. it was a moment captured, and therefore worth documenting.

I'm planning on participating in more of the Olympic challenges which are running until the end of the month. All the details are on the JBS forum here if you're interested in joining?

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails