Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Once Upon....... a JBS kit

One of the kits I received from Jenni Bowlin this month was their "Mini-Album Kit" which was designed by the wonderful Shimelle. It came with an Amy Tangerine Day Book which I fully intend to use. But in the meantime, the kit was too wonderful not to build a page, or two or five.


I started with this one which is my page for the newest Once Upon a Sketch challenge. Kind of like killing two birds with one kit ;-) Here's the wonderful sketch we're working with this month:

As you can see I've rotated the sketch 90 degrees clockwise so that my cluster of elements are horizontal rather than vertical. And apart from the sketch, the challenge criteria is to base your layout around the theme of 'mums'.


Ideas for journalling: you as a mother, your role as a working/stay-at-home mum, sacrifices/benefits of being a mum, one day in your life as a mum, how your life has changed since being a mum, a tribute to your own mum, grandmother, guardian or someone you consider as close as your mum, your relationship with your mum or your daughter, one trait you have take from your mum, your desire to be a mum, your feelings on motherhood, what does it mean to be a mum?, what kind of mum do you want to be? Mother's Day celebrations/traditions, your favourite Mother's Day gift given/received etc..


My title is a little cheeky but my journaling tells the story to explain it. Munchy was being a bit deceptive one day. It was only something trivial, and I know she's only just pushing the boundaries as 5 year-olds do - but I called her out on it. She screwed up her face (just like in this photo!) and said "You're just too clever Mummy. I can't trick you. You must have special goggles you put on and watch me when I'm not looking"!!


I just love that she remains at that stage where she thinks I'm amazing and infallible! I know that won't last forever so I better cherish it while I can :-) What 'mum' story will you tell to join in our challenge?

Supplies:

2 comments

  1. Yes, you are most definatley a super mum Natalie - even with out the special goggles on - cos this LO is so wonderful. It just works SO well together - paper, layers, journaling, alphas...what a joy of a page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you layer things up....this one looks really funky....& cute story:):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails