Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

My Favourite One

May has turned out to be quite an exciting scrappy month for me actually. Along with starting a new DT gig at Scrap Friends, making my first video tutorial (soon to be released), and working with Jenni Bowlin again (I'll tell you all about that real soon...) I also have the pleasure of announcing this....


I'm the very first Design Team Guest over at Soul Scrappers!! I'd barely finished reading the email from Shazza asking me if I'd like to be their guest before I was jumping down my keyboard to reply YES, YES! They have a great DT and a friendly forum over there, and they let me set my very own challenge ;-)


So I chose to go with something close to my heart, something that I truly believe in and that's to include journalling on our layouts. Specifically for this challenge I've said that you need to include at least two lines of your own handwriting. I know that's hard for some people..... but hey! that's why they call it a challenge!


One of the reasons I know some people struggle and that's with the perception that they have nothing to journal about. Well that's simply not true! If you wake up in the morning and do stuff, even if it's just the everyday stuff - you have something to journal about. If you have family members or friends that talk to you - you have something to journal about. If you have thoughts and hopes and dreams - you have something to journal about. You've just got to put it into words and get it down on paper. It's as simple as that!


I made this page as my example layout. It's all about one of Moodles current expressions which is "that's my favourite one". Well, it's either that or "that's not my favourite one" :-) There's no in-between with her, it's pure black or white. One of her "favourite ones" right now is playing with Lego. She'll happily amuse herself for ages with this.


Along with my handwritten journalling I also included some hand-drawn Lego men. It's totally copied straight from this picture by Christine Marcelino I pinned.


As with every good challenge, there's a lovely prize pack to be won by one lucky entrant. This RAK includes a bunch of different ribbons, chipboard, stamps, bling, stickers, buttons and more! You can see all the details on how to enter this challenge, and all the other monthly challenges over here on the Soul Scrappers forum. Hope to see you there.

2 comments

  1. Go Natalie! Busy, busy....this sounds a great challenge..will try to get there ~ & can't wait for the video; I' m sure it'll be FANTASTIC!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails