Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Scrap an Autumn Rainbow

Can you believe how fast this year is flying by already.... I mean, it's Autumn already! So with that in mind I went with the warm earthy tones of an Autumnal colour combo for my Scrap a Rainbow challenge at Scrapz.biz last week.


The colours are chocolate, yellow, green and red but my example layout included a touch of orange as well. I figure it's in the same spectrum so it should be right :-)

 Image by Cindy {K} found via Pinterest.

I took these photos of the girls in the moving van when we moved to the country about 8 months ago. Yep, that's how long it takes me sometimes to get around to scrapping the memories. We've since packed up and moved back again... that's how long it's been!!


Keeping with my theme of including memoribilia and especially my craving to preserve my kid's art on my layouts I've used this drawing Munchy did of the new house. I sewed it to the page, going over the outline of everything - windows, doors etc for a bit of definition.


Along with the colour combo the weekly theme product for this challenge is RUBONS. I actually have heaps of rubons in my stash, and that's where they commonly stay to be honest. So I really challenged myself to get as many different ones onto this page as I could.


I've used some newer ones from Hambly (the silver banners) and Studio Calico (green butterflies) along with some old Kaisercraft ones from my stash (the black border strip at the bottom of the page and the journaling brackets). All of these I just rubbed straight onto my page as decorations. But don't forget you can use them to dress up your other embellishments too, just like I did with the white doily Hambly rubons I haphazardly applied to all my wooden houses.

My challenge at Scrapz.biz this week is a "Scrap it Blind". Come and check out all the details over here on the forum. Our theme product is brads. Here's a peek to whet your appetite!!


Moving Day Supplies: 


I'm still adding up my Calvinball points! Total so far = 23

2 comments

  1. Oh how sweet is this! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Natalie! I love the way you incorporated your daughters art onto the page - it looks great and is precious for her to look back on too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails