Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

News Flash

Munchy turned 5 recently. I think she's rather clever - she knows all her letters and numbers, and can write her own name. But she's determined to do more before school starts next year. She's actually requested that we help her learn to read and write!


And when I suggested to her the concept of making some flash cards to help her do this, she was SUPER-excited! I mean, the idea of mixing patterned paper and embellishments with learning to read is mighty attractive right?!

So whilst she was out one day I got out some old kits and leftover scraps of paper and set to work making some quick and easy (and oh-so-pretty) flashcards.

Knowing that they were going to be handled a bit (I hope!) I was afraid all those letter stickers might fall off, so I ran the whole bunch through my sewing machine to keep them in place. Then I realised I had ended up with flash-card-bunting and strung it up to surprise her when she came home!

After squealing with delight and promptly ripping the whole thing down we cut it apart again and started practicing her words. Perfect solution :-)


In other fabulous news: the new sketch is up at Once Upon a Sketch, and this time the journaling criteria is a little easier! *LOL* You need to journal at least 2 sentences on when you started scrapping and why?


And the prizes are just fabulous (as always!!). Apart from gaining a spot as a Guest Designer in an upcoming challenge you can also win this amazing October kit from our sponsor Swirlydoos kit club.


We are super lucky to have Leeann Pearce as our Guest Designer this month (another one of my longstanding scrappy crushes!!) and she's offered up this exciting embellishment pack for a lucky winner from her Chip Chop Shop.


AND..... another lucky winner will receive this entire Ladies and Gents collection by Webster's Pages.
There's plenty of time to enter, so go over to Once Upon a Sketch and check out all the details :-)

1 comments

  1. What a wonderful idea for the flash cards, I love them.

    Nicki.xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails