Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Powerful

Have you ever been in the middle of a layout, ready to add embellishments when you know you're going to need a tool to add that extra oomph? And I'm not talking tools in the scrap sense (like my sewing machine that hardly ever sees fabric but sure gets a daily workout on paper), I'm talking like I knew I needed to raid my husband's toolbox.


Can you spot it straight up? Can you guess what I used and why?
Whilst you're guessing just check out this latest layout I've got up in the Scrapz.biz gallery using the June Ticklez kit.


I picked out all the blue and pink and red papers (all by Crate Paper) in the kit and mixed in my favourite vanilla cardstock and this layout was born.


I'm loving this idea of the tone on tone sewn bunting. Is it wrong to say that about my own layout?! Either way, it's a reminder to myself to explore this idea further.


And if you guessed it was a hammer I needed then you would be right. I wanted the bling of the red rhinestones that came in the kit as my 'cherries' in this cherry blossom tree I stenciled, but they were much too large. So I smashed them up! (Mind you, I had to be extra careful with my littlies around, not just because I was using a hammer but mainly because then they looked like boiled lollies and I quickly had to retrieve one from Moodles mouth!)

Are you using anything different on your layouts these days?

4 comments

  1. I wish I were making layouts these days! What a fantastic page, the cherries really set the tone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAR our you can be so creative. Love your work, keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *happy sigh*
    this is precious!! (and your cherries are perfect!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are inspiring me to start making more layouts - that bunting is gorgeous Natalie and I love your smashed cherry blossoms!
    No unusual tools for me at the moment but lately I've been sewing stuff together then running it through my Big Shot - with varying degrees of success.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails