Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

In time I found myself

Is there anything better in the world that a slice of watermelon on a lovely summer evening at the park with friends? At least not for a 4-year-old!


I used the sketch at Stuck Sketches for this layout. The idea of having three vertical strips behind my photo intrigued me, and I came up with the idea of using tags.


I adjusted the sketch slightly as I only had the one photo that I wanted to use, and I squashed everything down so I could have room for white space  further embellishments.

The tags themselves I made from some Starters, adding some stamping for more detail and colour with Distress Inks.

How absolutely gorgeous are the new Prima Rose Trims? So extravagant!! I just want to stroke them - but instead I poked them with some Maya Road trinket pins :-)

And yes, that's some leftover piece of honeycomb paper I cut out for this layout here.

5 comments

  1. Your layouts are always so entirely beautiful and dreamy, you are a true inspiration for a clean and simple gal that needs to reach beyond white space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sensational natalie... i LOVE the tags! :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of the tags, they look FAB and a great interpretation of the sketch! Oh and how DIVINE is that Prima rose ribbon? I LOVE it!!! (Especially when you poke it with pins, coz I love pins too!) X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nati, this is wonderful - I love all your pages. I really like this photo. I agree, I like your idea of three tags for the verticals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails