Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Everything and the Girl

Getting some more challenges out of my system. And scrapping some photos that have been in my pile for a  while now.


The February 1,2,3 Challenge is...
the colour cream
the word "about"
and the technique of upcycling which means "the practice of taking something that is disposable and transforming it into something of greater use and value"


Talk about a challenging challenge :-) The kind I like best!


So I pulled out a bunch of cream embellishments I had and only a few papers (I didn't really have many of those) but I figured I could always paint them cream. And went to to town, trying to incorporate as much texture as I possible could, because in my mind that's how you tackle a monochromatic layout. If you can't create interest with colour then you need to create interest with dimension :-)


I used a few vintage items on this layout like the music paper, lace trims, old buttons etc, but I'm not sure they strictly fulfil the criteria of upcycling. For that I used a technique of 'plastic fusion' to create the sheer butterflies you see above, and the white frilly flower in the embellishment cluster out of old plastic bags.

But I'll tell you all about that next time........!!!!

2 comments

  1. love it Natalie! especially the buttons on a string!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The detail and dimension on your pages just blows me away Natalie. What keepsakes your pages are!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails