Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

On a Cloudy Day

The very first challenge blog I ever entered (and consequently won!!) was ARTastic, so I have a very soft spot in my heart for it and try to enter their challenges when I can. However, it has been some months since I've given it a go so I was really happy to have been able to whip something up for the challenge last month.


I was totally inspired by the Monet painting "Sunset" because of the way the beautiful colours blended in with one another, because it featured a sun (and you know my current obsession with that!) and the extra criteria sounded relatively easy to meet :-)


I wanted to recreate the blues and greens merging with one another in the background, and used a Heidi Swapp mask on black cardstock to fulfil the criteria of a silhouette. And then, of course, I used my own sunset stencil to paint in the bright yellow/orange sunrays behind where I wanted the picture placed.


After that it was just a matter of adding some other bright and cheery embellishments, like those cute tags I got from Bubblyshnooks (Michelle Clement's) etsy.

I didn't win anything, but I'm really happy with how this turned out and would count it as one of my current favourites :-)

PS. The digital stamp on my photo is by Vol.25 in case you're wondering. Pretty awesome right?!

2 comments

  1. Another fantastically detailed layout. I've been meaning to ask, have your girls found the love yet to look at your scrapbooks? That's got to be an amazing sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you obsessed with the sun?! *giggle*
    Love the way you've used your stencil AND that Heidi Swapp one- your colors are blended perfectly! And that digital stamp is VERY cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails