Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Prayer

One year ago I barely knew what CHA stood for, let alone what it means in this crafty industry I find myself totally addicted to. Now I find myself quickly turning into such a product snob. If it wasn't released in the last 6 months then I'm not very interested.

How bad is that?
I don't like it and I'm desperate to change.

So I was really glad when I received my DT kit from Handmade by Suzanne this month to see it was filled with one of the glorious "older" lines. (And honestly, when I say 'old' I mean it was released earlier this year!!) These rich and luxurious and totally gorgeous My Mind's Eye So Sophie papers have definitely made me see the error of my ways :-) 



And I did get this wonderful Paper Inklings 12x12" doily which made the perfect background for my layout. I attached it to some vanilla American Crafts cardstock for a textured dreamy look. I kept my other papers more muted by swiping them all with white ink to soften the vibrant colours.


I did splash around a little bit of colour to jazz it up a little, but I'm glad the focus is still mainly on those paper stars I folded. The stickers all came from the So Sophie collection too, and if that bird looks awfully familiar to you it's because this is actually just the negative outline left from when I used the actual sticker on this layout here.

The turquoise glitter alphas are new, and available in the shop. And the other pale green ones are from Pink Paislee.


I just adore this photo of my two girls snuggling (even if it was when they're sitting in front of the TV!!) and so wanted to journal more about my feelings rather than any particular event, so I've written down a few of my prayers for them.

And it's not quite the photo-layering technique Kreatorville has challenged us to this month, but it's close? For whatever reason, I ended up with two different sizes of this one photo so decided not to waste them and used them both on this layout. I'm not sure if the end result is interesting or just distracting?!

3 comments

  1. Oh, I like that double layering. I came home today with two sizes of the same picture, by accident so I might have to give it a go. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the layered photos are very interesting! As are those stars! It cracks me up that you only like the new stuff- but you do USE your new stuff- as opposed to me who hoards all the product I love... and I'm trying to change too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layered photos are perfect :) A gorgeous gorgeous LO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails