Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Sweet Girl

Another month, another wonderful sketch challenge at Handmade by Suzanne. I had so much fun designing the sketch for last month's challenge that I decided to have another go :-)

So here's the sketch I drew:


And to test it out, I did my own example layout with the beautiful new Olivia collection from Basic Grey:


Now I know it looks like I've used every paper in the collection on this layout, but I haven't really I promise! Let me break it down for you.....

At the very top is one of the divine Basic Grey doilies (it's actually from the Green at Heart collection). I simply cut the edge off it for this layout. I know I'm always going on about how I love to use my stash instead of hoarding it, but I'm also a believer in spreading around the goodness. I mean, if you're going to buy one of the BG doilies which as we know are on the more expensive side, then I say - cut it up so you can use it on lots of layouts and get your money's worth! 


All the flowers and 'leaves' and cute little animals are fussy-cut from one piece of paper called Kembrie, and the rest of the paper strips are cut from Sydney and Chloe. You really get great value from these papers because both sides are so beautiful. The pink ribbon I've used was a left-over from last month's supply of Fancy Pants goodness. It's from the Roadshow collection, but it matched perfectly :-)



I also added a bunch of the 4mm half pearls to my page. I used 'pale green' and 'sky' in all the centres of my flowers. I think it gives it a whole new layer of texture and shine. And since you get well over 100 pearls in every packet, even though I've used lots of them on every single one of my 5 layouts I've made from my kit so far, I've barely made a dent in them. 

So I hope you'll give this month's sketch a go. There's a $20 voucher up for grabs. And pop on over to the gallery because I just know the girls are going to rock it again and there's bound to be lots of eye-candy for your inspiration. Not to mention we have a super-fantastic-amazing-internationally acclaimed Guest Designer this month. I'm not telling you who, you'll have to go over and check it out!!

7 comments

  1. That is TRULY breathtaking, Nat! I love the Polaroid affect and the serious layering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooooo love this LO and sketch Natalie, I can't wait to get to this one!
    btw - have popped a link up to your blog in my sidebar along with the rest of the HBS DT now!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! This is my new fav of yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch, perfect for layering strips of patterned paper, which coincidentally would be perfect for the From Screen to Scrap Challenge (Hmm, thinking out loud here!) Wonderful, beautiful, exquisite layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Sue a fabulous sketch and take as well, I also popped your link onto my blog too a little while ago, looking forward to working with you Natalie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This is a really great sketch, Natalie- and your layout is AMAZING! All the layers and details- scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous Nat, the colours the dimension the strips of pp ... just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails