Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

The Lipstick Chicks have hit again

The June challenge has just popped up on the XOXO blog. This is such a good challenge site because it's so easy. You get 25 DT examples to pick from and then all you have to do is scraplift one...... or two...... or as many as you can fit in within the month!!

And you might want to have more than one chance at winning this amazing kit from Divine Designs. Look at the lovely goodies in it. (But even if you aren't lucky enough to win this kit, I would highly recommend checking out the website for even more delightfully yummy kits).


Meanwhile, this is the layout that I did:


I've been meaning to scrap this photo for the longest time! I had the title already chosen in my head for months, and was thoroughly committed once I digitally wrote part of it straight onto my photo before I printed it. Then all I had to do was add the rest the regular way. It's actually a line from a song in the TV show "Red Dwarf" (yes, I'm a total unashamed Dwarfer...... love it!!)


Perhaps you're wondering why I would deliberately try and capture a photo of The Moodle crying her little heart out, but it was actually perfect for this page that I wanted to scrap. It's all about how we had to get her tongue-tie fixed when she was only a few days old. And having her cry is the only real way of getting a photo of her tongue-tie. Of course, by the time I took this photo it had been fixed for a little while so you don't actually see it at all :-)


I'm also pretty happy about using up some of these old Basic Grey papers which have been in my stash for the longest time. Not that they aren't really pretty - I just tend to keep on using the most recent stuff I've bought and it can be hard to dig out some of the old stuff. But very satisfying when I do :-)

So why not join in the challenge this month? Scraplift me or one of the other 24 DT examples. What could be harder? Let me know if you do (I do vote you know! *wink*)

And why not scrap a page using some of those lovely yellow papers you've got lying around? Then you can add it to my Jolly June Challenge as well and have double the chances of winning something!

3 comments

  1. What a wonderful creative way to showcase and capture the memory of crying. Sometimes I thought they'd never stop but now that my boys are older, I'd do anything to hear the innocent cry of them again. Love the textures too in this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Moodle! And poor you! That must have been horrible to have done- but nice to have behind you!!!
    Love this page- the textures are wonderful- and the idea of digitally applying the title & adding to it traditionally is yummy! I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful pag. I really love this design, especially all of the journaling on the right side of the page. I sure wish I had your journaling skills. However, if I don't write something down right away as it happens, I find it hard to recapture the emotions later on.
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails