Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Let the wild rumpus start

Challenge 45 at ScrapMojo is to create a layout using a quote from Where the Wild Things Are and try something new. Good one!!

Now I haven't seen the movie, but we are lucky enough to own the book so I quickly got it out and read through it again (for the 100th time it seems) to look for some good quotes. There's so many!

I thought about, "he made mischief of one kind or another" - I'm sure I've got plenty of photos that would do that quote justice!
Or, "his mother called him WILD THING" - ditto!

But ended up settling with "he sailed off through night and day, and in and out of weeks and almost over a year" because I thought that would be perfect for another one of my Year in the Chair pages.  I just tweaked it slightly.


As you can see, this is for May. Yay..... almost up to date!!

See the little 'flag' on top of the boat? That's one of the decorative pins I made the other day and this is the first time I've used one on a layout. But it was an afterthought really. My new thing was using all these scrummy new products I bought. They're all from the Fresh Print Clothesline collection by Little Yellow Bicycle and this is the first time I've really bought and used LYB. 


For a start, I really love how these papers have such a nice texture. I'm a real sucker for texture! If you haven't felt them before - you should. They're a bit similar to Crate Paper if you're familiar with their papers. And I love how they're all double-sided with a pattern on one side, and a plain colour (with some more subtle tone-on-tone patterns) on the back.



And another technique I tried was to stitch everything onto the page rather than glue it or stick it. Just my own personal challenge! Well.... all apart from that boat because I really wanted it to pop off the page for a bit of dimension. But guess what? I ran out of foam tape. Disaster! So do you know what I did to cheat? I cut up little squares of corrugated cardboard and glued them in between my page and embellishments - and voila..... dimension!! And of course, you can't even tell. So this is what I'm doing until I can get to a store and buy some more!

Now, don't forget my own challenge here. This page I've just shown you would be perfect for it!! You've got until the end of the month to link up your own creation for a chance at one of four great prizes.

10 comments

  1. Aww, that layout is just so cute! LYB has improved out of sight lately and I'm lovin' the clothesline range!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see this line used somewhere! I'll be for sure referring back for inspiration. And that pin, oh my, what an absolutely fantastically cute and innovative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty page! Love the blue paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the stitching! (Of course!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Love how you used the blue paint under the punched strips. Also that little boat with the pin top, so clever.
    What a good idea to photograph your girls in the chair every month. I wish I had thought about that all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these details are so yummy! I love how you give yourself personal challenges- such a great way to keep yourself motivated & inspired!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That boat is the sweetest most delightful lil bit! love this dreamy layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the book and this is a great tribute to LO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely adorable!! Make sure to check out our facebook page! I'm going to feature this layout there!!

    Melissa - ScrapMojo

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute, love it!
    Simona- Scrapmojo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails