Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Flat Out - AKA Inspired by Digital

I was recently and immediately inspired by this layout by Jan (or The Queen of Quirk) which I spied on the Jessica Sprague website.
It is of course, a digital layout that she made with her very own kit, which you can buy if you're into that sort of thing.
I haven't touched digital scrapbooking, and although there are times when I'm tempted too, I really don't think it's for me. I appreciate how difficult it is, and all the design that still has to go into it, but it just doesn't appeal to my need to get my hands dirty and create something.
However, I am finding that I am commonly drawn to digital layouts as a source of inspiration for turning them into real live paper ones. And so I created this..


The main problem with turning digital layouts into paper layouts is there's commonly no dimension to them. What I mean by that is it's easy to fall into the trap of keeping them flat. There's no layers, no bulk, no foam tape, no thickness. And I'm such a fan of the scrapbook page you literally have to stuff into your album because it's too thick! That's why I usually take a 'dimension' shot of my scrapbook pages when I share them with you, so you too can appreciate the bulk of the page. I think it makes you want to reach out and touch it.

Well here's the 'dimension' shot on this one......

A bit pathetic hey?

And I also fall into that other common trap of not knowing when to stop. I love the look of minimilist pages when I see other people do them. But whenever I try I have to fight the urge to keep adding things :) I didn't win the battle this time either, I couldn't leave well enough alone and I added that heart bunting running across the page. Now I can't remove it because I stitched it in!

Oh well, another lesson learnt.

Last few days to enter the giveaway.

1 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails