Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Are you ready?

for another mini-album?! Because I just churned out one :) This is another of Lilibee's One Week One Project (number 3), I find it's just an easy way of getting these mini-albums done and looking presentable because you only feel like you have to get one step done at a time instead of the overwhelming task of sitting down to create a whole album at once.


I used the delicious Sass Lass Sweet Marmalade collection mainly, with a little Cosmo Cricket thrown in (the red patterned paper and alphas).


I just kept each page simple with minimal embellishments. And used up a lot of my paper scraps at the same time.


Because I ended up with so many pages in this that I didn't want it to be too time consuming decorating each one. But it was a great way of using up a lot of photos I have had on my scrap desk forever waiting to be scrapped.


I used Core'dinations cardstock for the pages, I think it's called the 'Black Magic' collection. Someone feel free to correct me. So it's black on one side, and the core colour is on the back. I liked the balance the black pages bought to the otherwise very bright album.


And I really do have to insist on covering my pages with journalling wherever there is space. I don't believe in keeping the page pretty for it's own sake, you need to be able to remember what it was all about in years to come!


I used such a mish-mash of photos in this. In no order. They're just all photos of Girl No.1


These are when she first went to the zoo and fell in love with this huge wooden gorilla.


And these are left over from her 1st birthday page.


Some photos that I had cut up for a previous mini-album and then never used.


Some pretty photos taken by my sister.


Sorry about the angle of these photos but I figured all most people want to do is just glance over the pages of a mini-album. Especially one that's this long!


I used Sass Lass stamps down the side of each of my coloured pages in case you were wondering.


The back cover is called "All sorts" in reference to the jumble of photos in the album.

And just in case all that wasn't enough..... this little mini-album comes with it's own beautiful box to keep it in! But I'll save that for tomorrow because I don't want to overwhelm you :)

2 comments

  1. This little book is just too cute! and who needs embillishments if one has Sassafras paper?? I will be back to see the box tomorrow! :) Thanks for your nice comment on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing this I'm itching to start on another mini again, yours looks wonderful! Never mind the pics, they're fine as they are. I clicked on them to blow them up and details are visible, so no worries there!
    I'm having the most wonderful time going through your blog, your work is gorgeous!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails