Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Christmas is over and what have we done?

Isn't it funny how the minute Christmas is over we don't want to hear about it any more? Which doesn't make a lot of sense for us scrappers, because it's only after the event that we then have all the photos we need to scrap. And all those newest release Christmas papers we need to use. Unless you work a year behind.... hhmmm..... I've certainly done that in the past!
So you're going to have to put up with my latest share because I just finished making a Christmas mini-album.



I've used my gorgeous reindeer I got in my December kit from Kreatorville Krafts as the focus for the front cover. I absolutely loved it and knew it needed to be the highlight on some project. So when I decided to do this mini-album I just knew it would be perfect.



I've used a mixture of different papers in this album. But have matched up each page accordingly. This page has Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly Oh Joy collection and Ornament fashions on it. I think this collection is my favourite. Love the vintage colours.



These papers are from Pink Paislee Mistletoe and Co collection, with a Jenni Bowlin ticket (on the left page) and a tag from one of the Kaisercraft papers.



These are from the Kaisercraft Belle collection, with another JBS ticket on the left.



And this is Kaisercraft's Dear Santa collection.



And the back cover is Polar Express - Frosted Forrest, with a Cosmo tag from the ornament fashions.

After I took all these photos I went back and added lots of journaling to each page with either a black pen or a white pen depending on the paper. I thought you'd prefer to see it like this, without all the messy writing all over it. But I do believe the journaling is an essential part of scrapbooking, and certainly in years to come it will be more important that the story is told rather than how pretty the page is.

With that in mind, I did a quick page last night. A page with no competitions or challenges in mind, or even too much concern about how it turned out. A page just simply to tell this story and get this recent photo scrapped.



If you click on the picture you'll be able to see more detail and read the journaling if you're interested.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails